Happy Times in 2012

Happy Times in 2012
yanphoto.com

the brothers

the brothers
yanphoto.com

About Us

We aren't blog stars. We only publicly shame ourselves this way to keep in touch with all the people we love. We recently moved to Eagle, Idaho (near Boise) where Kimball took his first "real" job. Our kids, Leif (8 yrs) and Magnus (6 yrs) and Paia (4 yrs), are keeping us busy.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

we are a happy fa - ma - leeeee


Does anybody else feel sad that you study and pray and work and repent and work again to make your family a little piece of heaven and then your kids grow up and leave you? I'm deflated.

And now I'm starting to feel irritated with people that aren't nice to their in-laws. Of course I'm spoiled and I have great in-laws and you simply can't have my husband without his family. I knew that when I married him. It's one of the reasons I married him. I know there are exceptions – terribly abusive parents whose contact with their children makes their progression nearly impossible. But that's the exception. Most in-laws are just (human) people with imperfections. Like you. And that doesn't mean that hoarding a spouse and manipulating his family were the best solution you could come up with. To be angry about it: what kind of fool was raised to think they could march into a family, seduce themselves a spouse, wrench them from their mama, and then not do their darndest to help their spouse "honor" their father and mother? I'm bewildered.

We don't have any of that among the spouses my siblings married. Spoiled again. And I knoooooow. Don't judge until you have walked two miles in someone else's moccasins. I have had relationship problems with relatives. It's a beast.

It's ironic that I thought I had beaten something when I made it through many a disastrous romance to find and marry the person of my dreams. All those tragic songs about love lost, undying hope, and flames that e'er will flicker don't hold a candle (sorry about all the pyromania) to the thought of my broken heart when someone whisks my kids away, possibly to drive a wedge between us. I wouldn't know, but I'm just sayin'. I guess there are worse things. At least that's what I tell myself. And isn't it so often the case that you torture yourself more worrying about things that never come to pass?

Back to my little piece of heaven...for now. Boohooo.

1 comment:

Dani said...

You and Natalie need to talk. Since she has mostly boys, she's hoping they marry orphans or people from horrible families so that they'll always want to hang out with her. :)


we dress ourselves

we dress ourselves