Happy Times in 2012

Happy Times in 2012
yanphoto.com

the brothers

the brothers
yanphoto.com

About Us

We aren't blog stars. We only publicly shame ourselves this way to keep in touch with all the people we love. We recently moved to Eagle, Idaho (near Boise) where Kimball took his first "real" job. Our kids, Leif (8 yrs) and Magnus (6 yrs) and Paia (4 yrs), are keeping us busy.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

One Coat of Nightingale

I'm having writer's remorse. My last post was so grumpy, and in order to move past that depressing bit of writ, I thought I'd add a new post about the kitchen paint. That's supposed to be cheery. Don't ask me how I expect to cheer my potential buyers with gray paint (Nightingale). It's just a spot of Livvy logic.

We won't be selling for 2 years, but we need paint up so that we can actually wash the walls. The builder's paint in all it's flat chalkiness doesn't allow for me to wipe chocolate handprints away, without washing the wall away too. The pictures make the paint look lighter and bluer than it is. I'm a Benjamin Moore Aura fan so that's what we went with. I like how it has a matte/flat look with the cleanability of a shinier paint. It's pricey -- $50 a gallon -- but I only have to do one coat because it's self-priming and I would never have enough time to do a primer and then paint.. AND (drumroll)....it's low VOC so you can't smell the paint much while you are painting, you aren't subject to noxious fumes, and a couple of hours later you'd never know someone had been painting. That, and I'm trying not to give my kids cancer.

O.k., I'm back. I just ran to the door thinking that the headbands I ordered for my daughter from Etsy had come, but it was just the JWitnesses, and I only got a watchtower. And for the record, these are my daughter's first purchased hair things. Now that she's already 8 months old, I was able to find some money.

I should have cleaned the kitchen counter before taking this picture, but I didn't. I'm ashamed of myself because I've watched HGTV, and thought, "What kind of a person knows designers and t.v. cameras are coming to their house and can't be bothered to clean under the bed?" Apparently my kind of person.
The painting of my son Leif on the back counter was done by my sister-in-law Diana. It's amazing, huh? Yeah, I move it all over the house. She is a photographer too. A very good photographer. If you go to yanphoto.com you can see her beautiful work AND hear my brother Martin sing a song he and his 3-year-old co-wrote. I'm not kidding. My niece wrote the words. To get sidetracked, I feel it is a great tragedy that my brother's music isn't out there for all the world to hear. Also on the site, under the family shots is a picture of a couple and their son wearing black and gray. That gorgeous girl is Tua's (Nathan's) wife's sister. Whoa! What's up with all the bragging? Overcompensating for not having taken a shower in two days. Bye. I'm off to shower. The end.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Liv!!! Thanks for blogging. I cannot believe how big your kids are. What a cute little family you have. You will always have a special place in my heart. Sending love - Cindy Swenson

darcie said...

it's pretty! happy birthday.

The Thomas Family said...

You are freaking hilarious.
I've already told you this but I love the grey, or nightingale. It looks fresh and clean.

Dani said...

I love you so much. I didn't realize you had posted more. :)


we dress ourselves

we dress ourselves