Happy Times in 2012

Happy Times in 2012
yanphoto.com

the brothers

the brothers
yanphoto.com

About Us

We aren't blog stars. We only publicly shame ourselves this way to keep in touch with all the people we love. We recently moved to Eagle, Idaho (near Boise) where Kimball took his first "real" job. Our kids, Leif (8 yrs) and Magnus (6 yrs) and Paia (4 yrs), are keeping us busy.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The blog...

I'm embarrassed by my "blog." Quotation marks are so that you know that I KNOW this ain't no blog. Sigh. I was reminded that I even had one when I saw a link to it from my sister's blog. I headed over to my blog then exited out of it for a minute. I couldn't remember the URL to get back to it. This, my friends, is the kind of blog I have. I don't know how anyone else keeps up on these things. I think about it all the time. How do other people keep their houses clean, do their civic duties, keep their homes spiritually edifying, bodies healthy and their children developing, all while living within their means? I break this question down into parts, but I'm always asking it. I just don't know how people do it. I'm not discouraged, just confused.


Besides all of my embarrassment and confusion, things are going really well for the Palmer-Christiansons. The kids are all doing great. Leif is growing like a weed and loving kindergarten, Gus is learning to write (and read a bit), and Paia is talking up a storm (at only 19 months)...hmmmm...now who did she get that from?

The big question on our minds these days is: where will we be in a year and a half? I've researched in depth just about every western city with a population of at least 50,000, but of course, they have to need a radiologist. And not just any radiologist, a women's imager or body imager, since Kimball is specializing in mammography and abdominal imaging. We love the East, especially the Southeast, but I'm so tired of getting on planes with these kids. Raleigh Durham Airport doesn't even have a direct flight to Salt Lake, which is where both sets of grandparents are. Kimball will finish his training in a year and a half – he starts his fellowship in July. I'm trying to get the house ready to put on the market and trying to figure out which upgrades will equate to financial returns. Any advice on where to live or what to do to the house is welcome!

3 comments:

darcie said...

sign up for a hgtv show like design to sell or something!

also, i think you're priorities are the best for the list of things in life. your constant attention to them (i'm mostly thinking about sleeping and eating) would make it impossible to keep a clean house. i know because when kjell was nursing and co-sleeping, i had no time for anything else and if i did, i wasn't about to lift a finger. if paia is your last (and i'd love it if she isn't) your time is going to grow soon. kim will work less, gus will be off to school too. but you'll never regret the constant devotion to them that they got in this brief time of their childhood. you never get this time back and at the cost of other things, you've used it wisely.

sberg said...

I think Minnesota is nice, and Mayo Clinic is very nice. We even have an airport! :)

Unknown said...

Now Atlanta has everything you need and direct flights to SLC! Only 4 hours and you are there. I know the feeling of flying with the kiddies. We have a lot of docs in our ward that you help with the search!!!


we dress ourselves

we dress ourselves