Happy Times in 2012

Happy Times in 2012
yanphoto.com

the brothers

the brothers
yanphoto.com

About Us

We aren't blog stars. We only publicly shame ourselves this way to keep in touch with all the people we love. We recently moved to Eagle, Idaho (near Boise) where Kimball took his first "real" job. Our kids, Leif (8 yrs) and Magnus (6 yrs) and Paia (4 yrs), are keeping us busy.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Idaho has a beach? What?

















Not really, but we had a really great time at Cascade Lake a few weeks ago. It's about 70 miles from Boise, and the drive is spectacular. You feel like you're in the Northwest (some people who live in Boise think they are, but thinking folk don't like to say it out loud). The Payette River is large and stunning and you pass through some beautiful pine forests on the way as well. I'm not big into lakes without sand because they don't usually gradually get deep, and I don't like sitting in mud. Also I don't fish. Sand reminds me of the years we spent in Maryland, Hawaii and North Carolina -- all wonderful memories. Kimball and I were both born in FL -- me in the Florida Keys so I was born with sand in my hair. It was so quiet at this lake that I kept looking around, wondering if we were in the right place. They had these little mailboxes out that said the state park fee was $5, and if you didn't pay it, you'd be charged a $5 surcharge. Ummmm...I don't think that's going to deter anyone, Park Service, and from what I could see, it didn't. We paid our 5 bucks.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Love your blog, Liv! Thanks for letting me get a peek on your fun life! Darling kids and congrats to Kimball on his first job post school. I will have to let Miles know what his old "roomie" is up to!

darcie said...

what a fun place! i want to go.

The Thomas Family said...

BEAUTIFUL!


we dress ourselves

we dress ourselves